TAKORADI POLYTECHNIC (T’POLY) AND THE CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT-(CILT GHANA)
Takoradi Polytechnic (T’Poly), in collaboration with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, Ghana (CILT Ghana), is pleased to invite prospective applicants to enroll in the
- INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (DILT) and
- INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (ADILT) COURSES
- DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (DILT)
The course aims at equipping participants with the knowledge and skills to manage logistics and transport operations at the middle level management of organisations.
At the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- Assess the strategic logistics and transport environment that the organization operates
- Professionally manage inventories and warehouse operations
- Evaluate financing options for transport operations
- Analyze logistics and supply chain processes
- Apply the principles of operating passenger transport to the Ghanaian environment.
Benefits of the course include the following:
- An opportunity to join and qualify for membership of the world’s most established professional body for Logistics and Transport with post nominals as MILT
- An opportunity to pursue the Advanced Diploma Programme in Logistics and Transport
- Continuous Professional Development CILT offers its members.
Course Content for DILT
The DILT course consists of the following six modules:
- Module A - Managing Transport and Logistics Operations
- Module B - Managing Resources
- Module C - Transport Economics and Finance
- Module D - Logistics and Supply Chain
- Module E - Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Module F - Passenger Transport
Entry Requirements for DILT
- After satisfying the general entry requirements, the candidate should have passes CILT
- Possession of a related University Degree and/or HND (or equivalencies) coupled with relevant areas of study. This category of applicants must have been granted exemptions at the certificate level
- In addition, participants must have worked in a logistics and transport environment for a minimum of three years
- The selection panel may call for interview of any applicant before granting admission
Course Fee for DILT
The course fee is GHC 2,700 for the entire programme covering course materials, field trips, project supervision, seminars, certification, graduation, CILT affiliate membership, international registration fees, ID cards, snacks, and others.
Duration for DILT
The course covers two semesters of 16 weeks duration with a short vacation. The course will start on Monday, September 22, 2014.
B. ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (ADILT)
The advanced diploma gives strategic management, leadership and decision-making skills to enable senior managers and leaders aspire to the highest levels of logistics and transport management. After completion, participants are expected to become familiar with analytical concepts and research methodologies and use them in their day to day management role.
It is the final level of the CILT international professional programmes, and builds on the certificate and diploma foundations.
At the end of the course, it is expected that participants will be able to:
- Use the skills and knowledge acquired to succeed in one of the most important, enjoyable and financially rewarding sections of the economy.
- Play a key role in the oil and gas economy emerging in the country.
- Qualify to be considered for election or upgrade to Chartered Member Grade (CMILT).
- Participate in all activities of the CILT, both local and international.
- Enjoy the benefits of a new type of career continuity that CILT offers its members.
- Be ushered into a wide array of logistics and transport professionals for invaluable networking and career continuing professional development.
The course will consist of a trimester with an average of sixteen (16) weeks, with the last semester used for project work. The entire duration of the programme shall be about 12 months, including a 4-6 weeks’ vacation between the first and second semesters. The programme commences on Monday, September 22, 2014.
The programme consists of four units, in addition to a dissertation. Participants must complete all four units as follows:
- Strategic Management and Leadership
- The Strategic Environment for Logistics and Transport
- Organisation Level Planning in Logistics and Transport
- Research Methodology and Dissertation
This course is designed for line managers and supervisors working in the field of logistics and transport, freight forwarders, personnel in supply and transport in the armed forces, police, fire service and CEPS. The others are warehousing and stores managers, airline workers, shipping company workers and other professionals who want to pursue a career in logistics and transport operations and management.
Teaching will consist of classroom contact lectures, case studies, video shows, field trips, group research and presentations, seminars, and others.
Entry qualifications shall be as follows:
- International diploma in logistics and transport of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport;
- Degree/Masters in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transport or closely-related discipline from any accredited institution.
The course fee for the programme is GHȻ3,300 for the entire programme covering course materials, field trips, project supervision, seminars, certification, graduation, CILT affiliate membership, international registration fees, ID cards, snacks, lunch and others.
The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport International holds the charter for its international programmes; recognised by the UK National Qualifications Framework (Level Six), which places the programme at the equivalent level of an academic degree. CILT International has been in partnership with T’POLY to run its international programmes in Ghana since 2011.
The National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana provides valuation of the advanced diploma certificate as equivalent to a university degree, at least on the basis of having entered into the CILT programmes with the relevant academic qualifications.
Lectures will be held on the T’POLY main campus.
The programme is facilitated by experienced T”POLY and CILT faculty (full time and adjunct), as well as visiting industry experts.
Course Delivery Structure:
The mode of course delivery will be on a part-time basis. Lectures would be held in the evenings from 6p.m.-8:30p.m. on every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday/Weekends.
Mode of application:
Application forms can be obtained from Takoradi Polytechnic Finance Office and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Office, Accra at a cost of GH¢80.00. Alternatively, the forms can be downloaded from the following websites: www.tpoly.edu.gh or www.ciltgh.org
Prospective participants should contact Takoradi Polytechnic at the following address and Telephone Number for further inquiries:
Note: Closing dates for submission of the Application Forms is Friday, September 14, 2014.
Applicants may contact the following addresses and Telephone Numbers for further enquiries.
The Registrar The Coordinator
Takoradi Polytechnic Takoradi Polytechnic
P. O. Box 256 P. O. Box 256
Tel: 031 20 22 436 Tel. 024-456-1497