Takoradi Polytechnic – (TPOLY), a world class educational centre of developing well-equipped Technical, Science, Business and professional graduates and The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Ghana (CILT Ghana) are pleased to invite prospective applicants to enroll in the:
INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (CILT) and INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT (DILT)
The programmes aim at equipping participants with the knowledge and skills to manage logistics and transport activities at the operational, middle and top level management.
At the end of the course, it is expected that participants will be able to:
- Professionally manage inventories and warehouse operations
- Evaluate financing options for transport operations
- Analyze logistics and supply chain processes
- Apply the principles of operating passenger transport to the Ghanaian environment and the world at large.
- Play a key role in the oil and gas economy emerging in the country.
- An opportunity to join and qualify for membership of the world’s most established professional body for Logistics and Transport with post nominals as MILT
- Participate in all activities of the CILT, both local and international.
- Enjoy the benefits of a new type of career continuity that CILT offers its members.
- Be ushered into a wide array of logistics and transport professionals for invaluable networking and career continuing professional development.
This course is designed for first line managers (Supervisors), middle level managers and top managers in the Logistics and Transport, Freight Forwarders, Personnel in Supply and Transport in the Armed Forces, Police, Fire Service, Prisons and Custom. The others are Warehousing and Stores Managers, Airline workers, Shipping and Port Workers and other professionals who want to pursue a career in logistics and transport operations and management.
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATE PROGRAMME:
a. Passes in English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science and three relevant elective subjects.
b. The aggregate score of the six subjects mentioned above must be Twenty-Four (24) (SSSCE scale) or Thirty-Six (36) (WASSCE scale) or better.
GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level Applicants
Applicants must have five (5) G.C.E. ‘O’ Level passes in English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject plus two (2) passes in relevant subjects and/or three (3) ‘A’ Level passes.
Other Professional Programmes
Any other relevant professional or academic certificate from accredited institution
A. Course Content for International Professional Certificate in Logistics and Transport (CILT)
The Certificate course consists of the following three core management unit and one option from the five technical units:
Management Units Technical Units
Managing the Logistics & Transport Environment Ports Operations
Managing Resources (HR& Accounting) Warehouse and Stores Operations
Customer Service & Quality Management Freight Operations
Fleet Management Ports Operations
Course Fee for Certificate:
The course fee for the Certificate is GHC 2,000 for the entire programme covering course materials, field trips, seminars, certification, graduation, CILT membership affiliation, international registration fees, ID cards, snacks, and others.
Duration for Certificate:
The duration of the Certificate course is approximately six months, comprising course work, revision, field trip, assignments and examinations. The course commences on Friday, 11th April 2014
B. International Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport (DILT)
Course Content for Diploma
The Diploma course consists of the following six compulsory modules:
- Module A - Managing Transport and Logistics Operations
- Module B - Managing Resources (HR and Accounting)
- Module C - Transport Economics and Finance
- Module D - Logistics and Supply Chain
- Module E - Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Module F - Passenger Transport
Entry Requirements for Diploma
- After satisfying the general entry requirements, the candidate should have passes CILT
- Possession of a related University Degree and/or HND (or equivalencies) coupled with relevant areas of study. This category of applicants must have been granted exemptions at the certificate level
- In addition, participants must have worked in a logistics and transport environment for a minimum of three years
- The selection panel may call for interview of any applicant before granting admission
Course Fee for DILT
The course fee is GHC 2,400 for the entire programme covering course materials, field trips, seminars, certification, graduation, CILT affiliate membership, international registration fees, ID cards, snacks, and others.
Duration for DILT
The course covers two semesters of 16 weeks duration with a short vacation. The course will commence on Thursday, Friday, 11th April 2014
Mode of Application:
Application forms may be obtained from the T’POLY Finance Office or Purchasing and Supply Department at the cost of GHC 80.00, or download from the website: www.tpoly.edu.gh or www.ciltgh.org with a banker’s draft of GHC 80.00
The Registrar or Head of Purchasing and Supply Department
Takoradi Polytechnic Takoradi Polytechnic
P. O. Box 256 P. O. Box 256
Tel: 031 20 22 436 Tel. 024-456-1497